Why do we choose CWDM MUX/DEMUX solution?
CWDM Mux/Demux is a flexible, low-cost solution that enables the expansion of existing fiber capacity. The CWDM Mux/Demux lets operators make full use of available fiber bandwidth in local loop and enterprise architectures. DK Photonics’ CWDM Mux/Demux is a universal device capable of combining up to 18 optical signals into a fiber pair or single fiber. It is designed to support a broad range of architectures, ranging from scalable point-to-point links to two fiber-protected rings. The important advantage of CWDM solution is the cost of the optics which is typically 1/3rd of the cost of the equivalent DWDM optics.
DK Photonics CWDM MUX+DEMUX Module 8/16 Channels (Dual Fiber) with 1U 19 Rack Mount Box utilize thin film coating technology and proprietary design of non-flux metal bonding micro optics packaging. Our 8CH CWDM Mux and Demux dual fiber 1U 19 Rack Mount Box support ITU-T G.694.2 wavelengths between 1270nm to 1610nm in 20nm increments. (Note: The ITU standard specifies the exact center of 8/16CH CWDM Mux and Demux dual fiber 1U 19 Rack Mount Box wavelength as 1531nm, 1591nm, 1611nm, etc. However, for clarity (and to comply with general industry conventions) the text in this data sheet refers to these wavelengths as 1530nm, 1590nm, 1610nm, etc.) 8/16 Channel CWDM Mux and Demux dual fiber 1U 19 Rack Mount Box are protocol and rate transparent allowing different services up to 10Gbps to be transported across the same fiber link. It allows for any protocol to be transported over the link, as long as it is at a specific wavelength (i.e. T1 over fiber at 1570nm transported alongside 10Gbps Ethernet at 1590nm). This allows for long-term future proofing of the networking infrastructure because the multiplexers simply refract light at any network speed, regardless of the protocol being deployed.
Our CWDM Mux/Demux can support up to 18 wavelengths between 1270nm to 1610nm in 20nm increments when com fiber is ITU-T G.694.2 , however if com fiber is ITU-T G.652, we recommend adopt 1270nm and 1290nm instead of 1390nm and 1509nm because of water peak loss.
DK Photonics’ provides a complete portfolio of CWDM Mux Demux and Optical Add Drop Multiplexer (OADM) units to suit all applications such as:- Gigabit & 10G Ethernet, SDH/SONET, ATM, ESCON, Fibre Channel, FTTx and CATV.
- Up to 18 channels over 2 fibers
- MUX and DEMUX combined 1U
- Optical interfaces support all protocols from 30Mbps to 10Gbps, including OC-3/STM-1, OC-12/STM-4, OC-48/STM-16, OC-192/STM-64, Gigabit Ethernet SX, Gigabit Ethernet LX, Fast Ethernet, FDDI, ATM, ESCON, FICON, Fiber Channel, Coupling Link, 10G Ethernet
- Distance up to 120km, based on used CWDM SFP+, CWDM XFP, CWDM X2, CWDM XENPAK, CWDM SFP, CWDM GBIC transceivers
- Any configuration on demand
- Your choice of adapter: SC, LC, E2000, MU etc
- 19” 1U size or other according to customer requirements
- For Central Office or Outside Plant
- Compliant to ITU-T G.694.2 CWDM standard
- ISO 9001 manufacturing facility
- Fully transparent at all data rates and protocols from T1 to 40 Gbps
- Completely passive, no power supply needed
- Simple to install, requires no configuration or maintenance
- Low-cost transceivers applicable, existing equipment can still be used
- All Enterprises and Carrier with Fiber Optic Infrastructure
- Transmit additional applications via existing lines
- Connect buildings to CWDM campus ring
- Connect Field offices to central office
- Ideal solution for metro-core, metro-access and enterprises
DK Photonics’ 1RU Rack-mount chassis are made by best which can protect CWDM MUX/DEMUX inside well. These Low profile modular designs are widely used in computer centers, center office, IDC, OLT and FDC etc.